To join or renew, use our Member’s Site, send us an email, or call: (516) 500-3686.
- JOIN ASPP TODAY and leverage your power. Team up with the only professional association representing pros across all aspects of the industry.
- BECOME PART of a vibrant community of professional photographers, videographers, editors, researchers, agents, media buyers, reps, retouchers, and digital asset managers.
ASPP provides a forum for learning, discussion and networking at educational and social events around the country. We are dedicated to providing an open exchange of information on industry ethics, standards and business practices and to keeping our members current on new technology and ideas. We also publish a beautiful quarterly magazine, The Picture Professional.
ASPP Membership Categories
- PROFESSIONAL – Active and retired picture professionals.
(Voting privileges and all membership benefits)
- STUDENT – Currently enrolled in photography courses at the high school or college level.
(Opportunity to volunteer to work with an ASPP chapter. Not eligible to vote or to be listed in Find-a-Pro)
- ASSOCIATE – Primary source of income currently outside the picture professions.
(Not eligible to vote or to be listed in Find-a-Pro)
Membership Plans and Dues:
|Professional (All Picture Professionals)||$125|
|Student||$25/yr w/ ID|
|Group Discount (minimum 5 members)||$100 (per member)|
The American Society of Picture Professionals, Inc. (ASPP) is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (6) corporation. Founded in 1966, ASPP is uniquely positioned to create forums for multi-disciplinary discussions on the ever-evolving photography industry. The association has maintained its balance of members drawn from the whole spectrum of the business, from photo researchers and editors, agency personnel, photographers, licensing managers, archivists and publishers to designers and teachers. Through our regional chapters, national programs, quarterly magazine and informative website, ASPP provides an open exchange of information on industry ethics and standards, business practices, and the needs created by new technology and ideas.
Our membership includes buyers, editors and researchers who collectively license millions of images each year for a large variety of publishers and media companies. Our members are photographers, journalists, videographers and filmmakers covering every conceivable subject. ASPP’s licensing and content distribution members represent nearly all major stock agencies as well as historical and specialty libraries and collections.