DATE: Thursday, March 8th
TIME: 6:00 – 8:30 PM
LOCATION: Adobe Systems, 810 N34th St, Seattle [map]
Panelists & Portfolio Reviewers:
Jodi Morrison, Art Buyer, Starbucks
Carl Gronquist, Director of Photography, Corbis
Andrew Christou, Executive Creative Director, Publicis West
Steve Cullen, Design Director, Creature
Christine Saunders, Art Buyer, Squint
Tom Wear, Community Manager, Getty Images
Danita Delimont, Founder, Danita Delimont Stock Agency
Dear ASPP Members and Friends—
ASPP’s first event of 2012 brings together a panel of experts including an Advertising Agency Creative Director, Design Director, Art Buyer, Producer, Director of Photography and Photo Agents to review portfolios in both one-on-one and group settings. Whether you buy or sell images, come learn what reviewers from different disciplines are looking for in portfolios today and how photographers can tune their portfolios for different buyers and creatives across multiple markets.
Who should attend:
– Editors, Art Buyers, Designers, Agents, Producers: Hear what your peers are doing to find great work.
– Photographers, Illustrators, Students: Get feedback from the pros on criteria they use when evaluating portfolios.
SPECIAL OFFER: ON-SITE PORTFOLIO REVIEWS BY THE PANELISTS
– SHOW YOUR WORK: If you are a photographer, illustrator, producer, or film maker we have two opportunities to share your portfolio work at this event:
1) PANEL REVIEW: Submit 5 images (with credit line or anonymous). Your images will be displayed on a large screen and ALL the panelists will review the work and provide feedback during a live panel discussion. Submission guidelines are below and must be received on or before March 1st.
2) 1:1 PORTFOLIO REVIEW: Register in advance to have one of our panelists review your portfolio in a 15-minute private consultation. Register before March 1st and we’ll confirm your reviewer and assign a specific time slot during the evening for your 1:1 portfolio review session.
Thursday, March 8th
Networking: 6:00-6:15 (light snacks and drinks will be available)
Panel Presentation: 6:15-7:15
Portfolio Reviews: 7:30–8:30 (last review slot 8:15)
Adobe Systems Corportation
Adobe Campus – Fremont
801 N. 34th Street, Seattle, WA 98103
- ASPP Members – FREE Admission
- ASPP Member: $15 Portfolio + Admission
- Association Rate (ASMP, APA, AIGA, AGA) : $5 Admission only
- Association Rate: $20 Portfolio Review + Admission
- Non Member : $10 Admission only
- Non Member: $25 Admission + Portfolio Review
- Students: $2 Admission only
- Students : $10 Admission + Portfolio Review (with current student ID)
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR LIVE PANELIST REVIEW:
Choose up to 5 images from your portfolio.
Submit jpeg format files, 1600 on the long side. Place the image files in a folder titled with last name, underscore, first name and compress into a ZIP file.
Email your name/logo to the BOTTOM RIGHT corner of EVERY slide. Be sure to leave a little breathing room on the edges. Logos should be approx. 1/16 to 1/8 of the total slide size. Consider making your logo transparent (optional).
Please submit only your copyright-owned images. Be sure the images you are submitting are of high quality. Slides that are heavily pixilated or have major unintentional technical flaws may not be included. Tasteful nudity is OK, pornography is not. Be sure you are happy with the your selections BEFORE sending them as we may not be able to remove your slides once submitted. By submitting your slides you authorize ASPP to display them as we see fit on March 8th 2012. After the event, your slides will be deleted. ASPP reserves the right to reject slides for any reason and cannot answer inquiries regarding this. Thank you for your understanding.
About ASPP: For more than forty years the American Society of Picture Professionals has been uniquely positioned to create forums for multi-disciplinary discussions on the ever-evolving photography industry. The association has maintained its balance of members drawn from the whole spectrum of the business, from photo researchers and editors, agency personnel, photographers, licensing managers, archivists and publishers to art buyers, producers, designers and teachers.
The West Coast Chapter of the ASPP serves the Western part of the US from bases in Los Angeles and Seattle. We are always looking for new members and welcome fresh ideas and requests for programs and events. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Benefit of Membership: ASPP Members get FREE admission to ALL of our evening events and qualify for 50% reduced admission at our all-day workshop. If you are not already an ASPP member and would like to enjoy free admission plus all the other great membership benefits (10% off Apple products, 15% off Adobe software, + more), visit the website and join today!
We look forward to seeing you at our Portfolio Review event!
ASPP Seattle Board of Directors
Mark Ippolito, President
Tom Wear, Vice President
Christine Saunders, Event Chair
Maria Barnowl, Technology Chair
Danita Delimont – Board Member At Large